I’m 1400 miles away from the action, but it’s somehow still somewhat all-consuming. I’ve gotten back into a little embroidery work; did a zipper pouch thinking I’d finally get those written up as promised, and managed to do a neat one in scuba and completely forget the lining step. So I guess things are still […]

A little pause

Carl’s mom is in the ICU on a vent because although she’s vaccinated and has been masking, she’s also severely immune-compromised and some people can’t be troubled to get a shot to protect people like her. So I have been off the sewing and embroidery machines for a week or so, and am just now […]

Notebook pockets, in the hoop

You probably saw this coming: I made an in-the-hoop version of the notebook pocket. It’s simplified: only the zipper pocket, and no turning. I’ll be writing it up and adding it to the freebie list this weekend, probably. The first one I made used the full 5×7 hoop, and that works for a Leuchtturm size […]

Making notebook pen holder pouches

I needed a little gift for reasons, and so finally made a little Sewing Times project: a notebook pen holder. It’s an easy little project, just a zippered pouch that happens to have elastic across the back so you can slide it over a notebook cover. There’s a video tutorial but I didn’t watch it […]

Cat and wolf

Just a picture post today. Poppi was curled up on my desk having a dream; I missed getting him actually squeaking and twitching, but here’s a poorly-lit still. I’ve been struggling with some burnout, so I set aside the plushies for a little while to do some regular embroidery. This isn’t permanently put together (note […]

Do your Christmas shopping/shipping EARLY

I just got yet another “plan ahead” email from a supplies vendor. Sure, cynically I could say it’s a little self-serving to scare people into buying supplies as quickly as possible and shifting that cash-flow to just a little earlier in the year… but here in the Philly area we still are having 2020 Christmas […]