… when you are behind on your to-do list is to add more big projects, right? (Well, it is for me.) In any event, I can’t stop collecting shiny cottons. So I finally went ahead and sprang for the CirquellCuriosities dragon pattern, which is more suitable for non-stretchy fabrics than any of my current patterns. […]
Some of the shiny fabrics I snagged at JoAnn this week were foiled cottons – good for dragon wings but not so much for dragons, which require a stretchy fabric. Six yards will go a long way in just dragon wings, so I thought I’d use some of it for other things. I decided, with […]
Ran out of teal thread for tiny dragons (in the middle of an embroidery run) so had to make a JoAnn run. Clearly the dragons are wearing off on me.
It’s not as fancy as the holographic dragon but I’m still pretty happy with it.
Another little freebie: a blank “vintage motel key” design. You can use your embroidery machine’s lettering or purchased alphabets to add a monogram (I used DLB’s Melody alphabet) or imaginary motel’s name. Or just put a fun image on there, or use fancy vinyl. There are three layers in the SVG file. A blank design […]
I’ve continued to mess around with variations on the dragons with print cotton wings. Both sides cotton is not generally stiff enough to stand on its own, so the latest iteration is minky on the underside, embroidered print on top. What I really need is a dragon that’s sitting with its under-wings exposed like the […]
A grid of same-color stitching is another way to pin down the pile of minky or terry so the decorative stitching shows clearly. It has the advantage over water-soluble stabilizer that it will also keep neighboring pile from overhanging the stitching. It’s a built-in feature of Embrilliance, but for those of us who can’t use that for financial or compatibility reasons, it can be done in Ink/Stitch too. Here’s how.
Cutting out stretchy, fuzzy minky patterns is enough of a hassle that many people turn to a Cricut Maker. We all know how that went here, though. I have a different solution, of course: using the sewing robot. This came up on Facebook so I figured I’d write it out in the blog for posterity. […]
Yep, still at work in the dragon mines. More interesting stuff next week, I promise.