Like everybody else in the sewing world, I’m on the mask-making bandwagon. The Olson mask design, provided by an actual hospital organization, is the one I’ve settled on. It is really a mask cover, being designed to hold a disposable filter.
I had claimed I didn’t have much good-quality but not glittery calico for sewing them, but when I started to dig around I remembered I had some fairly large pieces (the blue map fabric, and the black starry fabric). The bottleneck is still elastic, which is extremely out of stock at all the shops around here. Gonna need to raid the kid’s room for unused hair ties and hairbands, I guess, or go with non-elastic ties.