Day 61 - half a dragon

Polymer clay dragon

Day 61 of #100DragonDays, and of course the “quick” project is taking a little longer than it should. As predicted, there’s not quite enough polyclay to make a full dragon. I’ve used almost three quarters of it, though I haven’t baked any yet. I’m going to test-fire a scrap of the vellum to see how it behaves - if it’s stable, maybe I’ll bake the wing fingers in place. For now they’re just sitting there while I decide if I need them at all - they’ll make the wings awfully heavy.

I like how it’s roughing in so far, but we’ll see if I get hung up on the pose like I did with the paper mache dragon early in #The100DayProject.