Day 21 - phoenix feather

Phoenix feather

Day 21 of #100DragonDays, and again I didn’t touch the dragon itself.

Experimenting with some techniques again. The dragon isn’t going to have feathers, but I thought a phoenix feather would be a little more interesting than a generic test.

It was a qualified success. The colors didn’t end up as intense as I’d hoped, but that is probably the fault of using cheap chalk pencils instead of proper chalk pastel sticks (which are still in boxes, I think). I’ll have to dig them out before I put the wing membranes on, but luckily that’s going to be quite a bit down the road in #The100DayProject.

Which I guess means I should admit I’m stalling, and should just get back to building the body of the dragon.